Tasting and Guest Policy
Visiting and Use Policies
Basics. A tasting is limited to 1 hour, and you should know:
- We ID. If you appear to look under 30 years of age you will be asked to present proof of such with a valid
State issued Drivers license or passport.
- Minors under 21 must be accompanied at all times.
- No smoking (including e-cig. and vaping) is allow at our facility.
- No outside alcohol is allowed.
- Safety first. No standing on tables, chairs, or climbing on/in the landscaping.
- Additional information can be found in our Winery Ethics and Rights.
The Nitty-Gritty of Groups. A Group is defined as 10 or more guests (including non-drinkers), and a tasting
is limited to 1.5 hours. We do have some limits that you should be aware of:
- Groups are charged a non-refundable tasting fee for each visitor (tasting or not).
- A 20% gratuity is added to the tasting fees for groups of 15 or more.
- Misrepresenting your visit as something other than a tasting. Examples include a tasting morphing into an multi-hour
event, or having more guests magically materialize. A group rate, or an event rate
will be applied.
- Groups are responsible for removing any items brough onto the winery grounds and removal of all trash.
- Exceeding a reservation time, the group will be charged a space use fee equal to the cost of a tasting times
the maximum size of the group or at event rates. Billed in one hour increments.
Pets are guesses too, and we love to talk with them. Sadly, since they cannot as of yet read, please let them know:
- All pets are to be on a leash. and in control of their owners. Sorry, sometimes pets do not get along.
- Visitors are responsible for cleaning up after their pets.
- Visitors are responsible for any damage or harm to people, property or other animals caused by their pets.
- Aggressive or loud pets will be asked to leave.
Lastly, please consider bringing your pet on property as a privilege.
Winery and Vineyard Grounds
PRIE is a working vineyard and because of inherent safety hazards that are associated with the aspects
of farming and a winery, guests are not permitted to enter into any of our vineyard areas at any
time unless accompanied by staff. Or are participating on a tour. Guests are prohibited
from touching, siting, or climbing on vineyard or winery equipment.
PRIE takes the consumption of alcohol and its control in the sale of such very seriously. This as mandated by Federal
and State Local Laws. A person or persons who appear to show signs of intoxication while on premise will be refused
additional service at PRIE. Guests who arrive at PRIE who appear to be or are intoxicated will be refused service and
barred entry to our facility. We are a zero-tolerance facility for alcohol abuse and its effects on our guests and
staff members. In cooperation with local law enforcement agencies. And as the circumstances of any event might dictate
please know that local law presence will be called to intervene on behalf of PRIE and its Guests as to protect our
rights under the ALCOHOL BEVERAGE CONTROL License laws as issued by the State of California. This policy is Non-Negotiable.