Policies and Guidelines
Should you be here?
Let's just get this out there for everyone. I know we are tired of sheltering
for weeks, summer is here, and we are wanting a good time, to laugh, hug, and be
with others. As a local business, we are struggling, really need the business, and
are ecstatic you thought of us. However, and we are serious about this.
We will deny your group entrance or ask you to leave
if any of the following apply:
- Known or suspected exposure to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the
last 14 days.
- Currently experiencing or have experienced in the past 14 days, COUGH,
FEVER, or SHORTNESS OF BREATH.
- Do not abide by the polices listed at the entrance or listed here.
In visiting PRIE Winery, you agree to abide by these policies and guidelines.
Visiting with Safe Distancing
We strive to create a safe environment for you as well as our staff. The changes we
had made are to protect you and our staff. We all have experienced many changes whilst
shopping for food or picking up take out. Wineries are the same. The distance you keep from
others out of respect for their safety, we do the same. This includes limiting our time talking
with you, pouring wines at the table or bar, access to the property, and revisiting wines. The
following are guidelines we have established to help everyone to stay safe.
Distancing and Group Sizes
Whether solo visiting, or as a group, the winery is practicing safe distancing. We ask that
everyone honor the policies and guidelines listed at the winery entrance and on this web page.
- Groups are limited to one to six people. If your group is larger than six, you will be asked
to separate into multiple groups.
- All pets are to be on a leash. Sorry, we don't want cross contact through our pets.
- Guests that are not in the same group should maintain 2 m or 6 ft from other groups.
- Wearing masks are required while on site though not while seated.
- Cover sneezes and coughs whenever possible.
Wine Tasting and Purchases
- At this time only full bottles or glasses of wine are sold. No tasting is allowed
at this time.
- It is strongly encouraged that you bring your own glass(es). We will have
glasses available for purchase.
- Guests are seated and served outside.
- Orders are paid at the time of ordering to reduce contact.
- There are no self-serve products or sampling available.
- When we resume tasting flights, flights will be poured into containers for your
group along with tasting notes. Each group is responsible for pouring from the
containers to the glasses. There will be no revisiting.
- Signage has been placed at entrances and buildings informing guests and staff about our
policies, and what areas and building are open or closed. The tasting room is closed to the public.
- Restrooms are cleaned between non-group usages. This means that if two or more people from the same
seated group use the restroom, it is not cleaned until the group has finished.
- Staff is required to stay 2m or 6 ft from guests.
- Staff temperature and questionnaire on health is recorded on arrival.
- Staff is required to wear gloves and masks while interacting with guests.
- Staff has been instructed to use effective cleaning practices and products to reduce COVID-19 potential
in the tasting room, restroom, and common areas.
- Hand sanitizer as well as soap and water are available to all staff and guests.
- Our point of sale system (POS) provide contactless payment. We also prefer credit card payment
over cash for minimize cross handling reasons. Also note, our tablets and POS hardware are
cleaned after each use.
- Unsafe behavior - If the staff believe your actions are creating a potential risk to others, you
will be asked to leave.